If you are new to this site, let’s start from the beginning, shall we?
The 10-hour drive through Kansas (OF ALL PLACES!) was a pain in the ass (literally), but being back in my good ol’college town was nonetheless highlight of the week. Besides banters on Mizzou, life chats about job transfers and S/Os, plus my first ever visit to the speakeasy bar in my college town (passwords are tweeted out so it’s up to you to decide how legit it is), following are some more things I watched/read this week.
Some things I’m reading
- I wish I could watch RNC nonchalantly like it’s some shittily-made reality shows, but truth of the matter is: all kinds of emotions well up when I sit down and watch anyone from the Trump fam talk on TV. Then there comes this: opinion from The New York Times titled “why men want to marry Melanias and raise Ivankas.” Too true, it hurts. This story is best accompanied by a feature I recommended a couple weeks ago, coming from the same publication, titled “how Wall Street bro talk keeps women down.“
- Lost in the HUGE decks rich people have in their houses.
- The Bitch in the House (and for you marital counterparts out there: The Bastard on the Couch).
- Finally got myself subscribed to the Hot Pod newsletter. Feeling more knowledgeable about podcasts already.
- July issue of Elevation Outdoors (mantra of this magazine is very time-fittingly called “go outside and play”). I grabbed a copy at the Market on Larimer Square in LoDo: solid layout, great photos, well-written pieces and genuine trail/restaurant/activity recommendations. And FREE!
Some things I’m watching
- Abhi Veerina, a talented and passionate PiA co-fellow, compiled the clips from this year’s orientation from almost two months ago into a video. It sucks me deep into good memories and puts a grin on my face every time I watch it.
- Gilmore Girls on Netflix. You bet I will figure out some way to watch the Netflix revival of this timeless show in Myanmar later this year.
- My world lit up when Idris Elba started dancing at 0:37.
Some things I’m listening to
- The popular UK podcast, My Dad Wrote a Porno, is back with a second season! You can’t imagine my excitement about this AHHHHH! It’s everything quintessential English (in my eyes at least) presented in the most non-traditional way.
PIC of the Week
(Some late night Frisbee-throwing at the Stankowski Field on the college campus where I spent the last four years. And yes, I did look up the field’s name on the campus map. And yes, we did steal the glass from iTap. And no, I had never been on this field before this weekend. )